Toyotapro
Toyotapro, ASE master tech
Experience:  ASE Certified, 10+ years Lexus and Toyota Certified
9414525

My car toyota camry charger is not working

Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for using just answer.

Calrify this please- 1999 camry, is this a 4 or 6 cylinder engine?

Are you stating that the alternator is not charging?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It is 4 cylinder engine. I mean cell phone charger in the car is not working.
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 4 years ago.

Did you try another accessory in the power port to be sure it is not your charger acting up?

Which fuses did you check?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, I have used GPS charger and cell phone charger. Both of them are not working. I had checkecd power port , cigarate lighter ...etc.. that are under my steering wheel.

Recently,Emergency Road Service guy used my charger to inflate the flat tire. Since then , charger is not working.
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 4 years ago.
Does the CLOCK work on the car still?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Clock Stopped working for long time
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 4 years ago.

Ok, 3 fuses power this system, and the power is shared with the Clock also.

You need to check the 15 amp CIG fuse, the 7.5 amp PANEL fuse, and the 7.5 amp DOME fuses, when I say check the fuses I not only mena fuse condition but you also need to check for power at these fuses. If the fuses are powered then you need to check both the power and ground at the lighter port. Considering a tire pump was used on this port it is very likely that the port was damaged if the fuses are all powered.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok, I will Check all fuses that you suggested.

How could I check the power at these fuses?

If the fuses are powered then you need to check both the power and ground at the lighter port. How can I do this?

I will try to fix it based on your input. If it is working fine, I will pay the amount I promissed to pay.

Expert:  Toyotapro replied 4 years ago.

TO check power at the fuses you need either a volt meter or a test light.

On the port the sidewalls of the port are the ground, the center of the bottom is the power point.

We don't get paid to fix your car, we get paid to answer your questions. Have a good evening.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Today , I have checked all my fueses and they looks fine. If power outlet got screwed up, can I repair it by myself or should I go to mechanic. If I can fix it by myself , How could I do that?
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 4 years ago.
Interior panels need to be removed to repalce the port, that would be better handled by someone who has hands on experience with this car to avoid damage.
Toyotapro, ASE master tech
Experience: ASE Certified, 10+ years Lexus and Toyota Certified