Toyotapro, ASE master tech
Experience:  ASE Certified, 10+ years Lexus and Toyota Certified

My security light keeps flashing. car will not start. battery

My security light keeps flashing. car will not start. battery drains overnight. 1998 avalon

Any history leading up to this?

When you say no start do you mean that it cranks but will not run?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The car cranks but won't start. The security light has been on for a long time now. If I put a key in the light would go out. Then that stopped working and the battery would drain overnight. So I disconnected the negative battery cable so the battery would not drain. Then the other day the car just would not start. It acts like it is the wrong key (one without the chip) but it is the same key I always used. The security light flashes.
That is what I feared, the immobilizer is causing this then, I commonly see the transponders cause this, a dealers scan tool will be needed to confirm that.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What does this mean? What would the remedy be?
Diagnosis and repair. It needs to go to a dealer. You may have an overlapping issue with a parasitic load as well.