mike c
mike c, toyota master diagnostic technician
Experience:  toyota certified master diagnostic technician ase and hybrid certified

I have a 2008 avalon. My tire pressure light came on AMBER

Customer Question

I have a 2008 avalon. My tire pressure light came on "AMBER" and remains on. I've topped all tires to 29psi. Light won't go out. Manual indicates a reset switch left of stering wheel but my car does not have one. What is the reset proceedure for my model and year?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  mike c replied 7 years ago.

29 psi is ok if the tires were totally cold when you put air in them . in colder climates during the winter months you may want to put the pressure up to 32psi on cold tires.

there is a reset button on the left lower part of your dash about where your left knee would be if you were driving you may have to get out of the car and look under the lower part of the dash to see the switch it will say set on it.

Tire Pressure

Warning "SET"

turn the ignition on and then hold the button in until it begins to flash once it stops flashing start the car and see if the light goes off.

if the light remains on solid i would recheck the tire psi and then do the reset again.

let me know if you need further info on this

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
You helped me locate the reset switch but did not include enough of an answer. I visited the dealer and in seconds he mentioned I would also have to top off the spare too. You should have reminded me that all tires are affected and I need to check all of them when the tire pressure indicator light comes on. Seems like you should have mentioned that in your reply.
Expert:  mike c replied 7 years ago.

if you read your post you stated you topped all tires to 29 psi and you didnt have a reset switch. i showed you where to locate the switch and how to reset it.

sorry that when you said you topped of all tires that i assumed all was all 5 tires and that all to meant 4 of the 5 tires.