Genchi Genbutsu
Genchi Genbutsu, Toyota Master Technician
Experience:  Toyota Certified Master Diagnostic Technician, ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Engine

Toyota Sienna: 000 miles..Santa Fe..routine maintenance..cross country

Customer Question

I have a Toyota Sienna with 120,000 miles on it. I live in Santa Fe, New Mexico. I am good about routine maintenance and alot of my miles are from cross country trips. The rest of my miles are from in town errands and shuttleing. I have a child in a wheelchair and I am about to buy a motorized seat and have it installed in my van rather than buying a new or used conversion van. I am hoping that I will be able to drive my vehicle for another 80,000 to 100,000 miles. Do you think this is a realistic expectation? How many miles can I expect to drive a 2004 Toyota Sienna?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 7 years ago.

At this mileage, the engine will last that long as it is a good one. The transmission's in these are also good but as with everything else, things do just tend to wear out. Transmissions have clutch packs in them much like brake pad material. I wouldn't expect it to last the whole next 100,000 without some sort of issue but you may get lucky with baby-ing it and proper fluid replacement.

Other than that, I would say that they are very solid vehicles and should give you plenty of worry free driving.

Thanks, Genchi

Please ask more of me if needed.