mike c
mike c, toyota master diagnostic technician
Experience:  toyota certified master diagnostic technician ase and hybrid certified

My 1997 Toyota Camry air conditioning doesnt work, Ive had

My 1997 Toyota Camry air conditioning doesn't work, I've had my AC control module replaced, the AC light switch blinks on and off How do I fix my AC and the blinking light??
Category: Toyota
Expert:  mike c replied 7 years ago.
hello.. do you have a volt/ohmmeter for testing?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Expert:  mike c replied 7 years ago.
are you just looking for general information on what it could be ? and you are going to take it to a mechanic?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The blower fans cut off too, general info, if I can not do it myself I'll consider going to a mechanic
Expert:  mike c replied 7 years ago.
<p>ok..lets make sure i have the entire probelm correct..</p><p>1. you turn the ac and the blower on and the ac light starts to flash?</p><p>does this happen immediatley evrytime? or does the ac run for a little while first?</p><p>2. when does the blower cut out? is this on all speeds or 1 or 2 specific speeds? does the blower work all the time on high?</p>
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
NO it flashes after about 3 to 5 seconds being on. The blower fans that I was refering to are under the hood. I noticed that when I was changing the relays that the fans would spin and then stop. The blower continues to do so at every speed. Yes it works all the time on high speed and every other setting. Sorry for the confusion. I had to go to work and was running late yesterday evening. I work late shift 7pm to 7am. Thanks for understanding.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I can not get to the SMS site I want to turn off my cell phone because I can't get your text messages on it. Please return to sending answers on my computer.
Expert:  mike c replied 7 years ago.
ok.. the fans under the hood for the radiator/condenser will not run all the time ..depending on the temperature of the engine and if you turn the ac on and its working then the fans will run.. the common probelms on the ac system when the ac light flashes are bad connections at the wiring where the harness plugs into the compressor.. a bad compressor clutch or slipping drive belt.. or a bad speed sensor in the ac compressor itself.. or a ac clutch relay/wiring probelm..these all require a volt/ohm meter for testing. you can check in the engine area fuse box for a relay marked mg clt you may be able to swap that with another relay in the fuse box just for testing.. also where the harness plugs in the ac compressor you can remove the connector from the compressor and on the harness side check each wire from the connector into the harness about 5-6 inches into the loom// let me know if you have further questions or need more info..