Boxer54, Toyota Technician
Experience:  ASE Master tech with L1 certification, Toyota Master Diagnostic Technician

Snapped my tacoma antenna off. How do I remove the old antenna?

Customer Question

snapped my tacoma antenna off. How do I remove the old antenna?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Boxer54 replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your Toyota question. The Tacoma's have a fixed antenna, so it just screws in and out. The piece that is broken off inside will need to be removed one of 2 ways. First, and easiest, is to get left handed drill bits and a reversible drill and drill into it and it will come out. If that is not an option, you will still need a drill and a small bit to drill a small hole in it. Then you will need an extractor to get it out. If neither of these will work for you, your only other option is to replace the whole antenna base. This gets really complicated, because you will need to disconnect the coax under the dash. This should be your last resort.