AutoTech08
AutoTech08, Workshop owner
Experience:  Diploma in Automotive Engineering, 30 years working experience.

2006 Toyota Matrix radio fuse location and how to access i

Customer Question

2006 Toyota Matrix radio fuse location and how to access it
Category: Toyota
Expert:  mike c replied 4 years ago.

hello.depending on which radio you have ..

check the following..

see if your dome light and cig.lighter work

the 15 amp dome light fuse is located in the engine fuse box.

the 15 amp cig fuse is located in the drivers fuse box which is under the left side dash

if you have a seperate amplifier there is a 30 amp fuse in engine fuse box marked amp

let me know if you need any further information

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
by driver's side you mean what and for the engine compartment also what am I looking for
Do you have a picture and fuse assingment diagram?
These would be very helpful. I see a long rect box by the battery,but cannot open it
Expert:  mike c replied 4 years ago.

the fuse box covers have the fuse locations printed on them..

the engine compartment fuse box is a big black cover and has fuse locations on it..open the hood and you will see it..

first verify if your dome light works and cig lighter works if yes there is no need to check those fuses.. and then you only need to check the engine fuse box to see if there is a amp fuse.. does your dome light and cig lighter work? does the radio light up or is it completly dead?let me know

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
radio does not light up is completely dead.
I am having a hard time opening the cover of the engine compartment fuse box--any ideas?
I cannot find the inside the car fuse box by the driver's side you said?

Expert:  mike c replied 4 years ago.
can you tell me if the dome light and the cig lighter work please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Dome light works, cig lighter I does not
Expert:  mike c replied 4 years ago.

ok that makes it easier.. no need to check the outside fuse box.

you need to check the under the dash fuse box for the 15 amp cig. fuse

the easiest way i can describe where the box is located is to picture youre sitting in the car driving.. where your left leg would be you need to put your head right about there up under the dash and you will see the fuse box cover these are a real pain to access

and you have to make sure you have the correct fuse. the location is on the fuse box cover ..

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/me0m1ntm23e

this is a link to show the location of the fuse box instrument panel jb..

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The instrument panel jb is it behind what seems like larger version of a coin holder?
If it is, it does not have any fuse diagram anywhere on it?
Let me further investigate and report back
Expert:  mike c replied 4 years ago.

there is a black cover that covers the fuses which has the diagram on it..

i sent you a link to view.. you need to get your head way up under the dash by where your left leg would be if you were driving..

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
per your diagram, the only box I see about 6"x4" is where the diag points to integration relay, turn signal flasher relay....The cover to that 6"x4" opening does NOT have any diagram on it. This box is about my left knee level when I drive. Is that the box you refer to?
I also looked below by my left feet area and did not find any "box".
Expert:  mike c replied 4 years ago.

yes that box has a section of it that has the fuses in it. its about 2inches wide by 7 inches long .if there is no cover than you should see fuses?

if you dont see a black cover or fuses then you havent found it yet.. i have to get my head under the dash by laying on my back to access the cover ...this is not an easy one to get at the fuses..

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am not sure that we are talking about the same thing---2"x7" box that I refer to, I do not have to be on my back to see everything in it. I can see when I keep the door open and squat down--it's about 2 feet from the car floor.
Expert:  mike c replied 4 years ago.

the only junction box that is in that area is the one with the fuses in it..what im saying is to see the black fuse box cover or the fuses you have to get under the dash at least i do...the entire junction block is a big unit which has the fuses in only a section of it..if you look on the diagram where it shows integration relay and look in that area you should see fuses or a fuse box..

are you correct on the year and model 2006 matrix correct???

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It is 2006 and was bought in Sept 05. It's made in Canada
Does the VIN have any clues to the year?

I am in the area of the integration relay, however, nothing looks your typical fuse, they all like relay boxes and cables coming in--nothing looks like your typical fuses in there.
What does a fuse box look like on this car?

Expert:  mike c replied 4 years ago.

no images appeared. a canadian built may be different..

try to look in the engine compartment fuse box on an 05 matrix usa the cig fuse is located there..

there is a tab you have to push in the fuse box coveron one side and then you can lift the cover up..

let me know if its in there?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The car has a cig and a 115V 3 pin outlet almost side by side.
I looked at the engine compartment fuse box cover and there is nothing that says cig.

There is main, horn, efi, hazard; but no cig. Could it be called something else?
Expert:  mike c replied 4 years ago.
i will open this question up maybe another expert can help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
okay. When can I expect a response?
Expert:  mike c replied 4 years ago.

as soon as another expert responds to this post..

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No reply yet?
Expert:  AutoTech08 replied 4 years ago.

Hi there,

You mentioned the integration relay, does the fuse box look something like this?

graphic

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No. What I am referring to is behind the aux box.

I have the location diagram here, which fusebox are you refering to?

graphic

On the previous diagram, the cigar fuse is located next to the integration relay.