Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

I have a 2002 toyota tacoma 2.7L with a check engine light

I have a 2002 toyota tacoma 2.7L with a check engine light on. I have a code reader and it gave me a - P1135 Air/Fuel Sensor Heater Circuit Response. (Bank 1 Sensor 1). I would like to know where to start. I assume some diagnosing is in order and im anxious in doing so. I am still commuting to work in it. Nothing seems wrong only the haunting glow of the engine light.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.

This almost always means the Bank 1 Sensor 1 air fuel sensor has failed. Replace the sensor and your problem should be fine, otherwise you have a wiring problem or failed computer. Let me know if you have questions. Thanks

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thanks. Just to clarify that (A23) air fuel sensor is from the diagram that you sent me is right?

Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.

Correct, here is a better picture. Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks again.