Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner

1993 Toyota Corolla: auto trans..OD light..the transmission slips

Customer Question

Have a 1993 Toyota Corolla w/ auto trans. OD light is flashing all the time and the transmission slips out of gear while driving.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 7 years ago.

Hello, and Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you.

I need you to extract the trouble codes from your vehicle for me, before I can offer you a valid solution. Go out to the car, raise the hood, and locat the grey diagnostic connector box. Open it, and look under the lid for the pin identifications. Using a small paper clip, jump pins Te1 and E1 with the paper clip. Turn the key on. Count the flashes of the OD Off light, and then get that info back to me.

(2 flashes/paus/4 flashes would be code 24)

Hello, again.

I will be away form the internet for the rest of the day. Please post the codes that you find, and I will reply to you early tomorrow, when I get back on.

I am leaving you this message so that you do not think that I forgot you.