Toyotapro, ASE master tech
Experience:  ASE Certified, 10+ years Lexus and Toyota Certified

Change the water pump on a 1992 toyota celica with a 2.2liter engine?

Customer Question

how do I change the water pump on a 1992 toyota celica with a 2.2liter engine?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for using just answer.

The water pump on the 2.2L 5s-fe engine is driven by the timing belt on this car.

After you get the timing belt and covers off the engine there are simply a few 10mm bolts that hold the pump to the block, you need to remove the lower radiator hose from the theremostat housing that attaches to the pump and then remove the 2 10mm nuts that holds the pump to the corss over tube above where the oil filter is located.

This is a rathere involved job on this car and takes an experienced mechanic several hours to accomplish.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

we were hoping it was something we could do ourselves and I was willing to pay for advice on how to do it. how about $5 for your time?
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 7 years ago.
How about we cannot negotiate prices, you asked a question and I answered it?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I wasn't trying to negotiate a price. I wasn't satisfied with your answer. Not nearly enough detail for it to be of any use to me and therefore I do not plan on paying for it. I was going to give you $5 for your "advice" about it taking a skilled mechanic several hours to do the job. I should have made myself clear. I'm still willing to do that.
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 7 years ago.
Your question was "how do I" not "can I do it myself", I am sorry if you are not capable of this but I addressed what you asked, good luck to you sir.