Toyotapro
Toyotapro, ASE master tech
Experience:  ASE Certified, 10+ years Lexus and Toyota Certified
9414525

How do you replace the rear bumper cover on a 2007 Toyota Camry

How do you replace the rear bumper cover on a 2007 Toyota Camry without the spoiler? I saw you answered this question last fall, but the picture links are now broken. Also could you include the reassemble steps? Thanks
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 5 years ago.

I recieved an e-mail that you are requesting my services.

What exactly are you trying to do to your car?

A spoiler or a bumper cover?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I want to replace the rear bumper cover...Do I need to buy screws/clips or can everything be reused?
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 5 years ago.
Everything can be reused. It's really not a hard job on this car. Let me go to my garage here and refresh my memory by looking at my wifes camry, be right back...
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 5 years ago.

Ok, easy job on this one.

Do you have a 10mm socket and extension with a ratchet? Also a small flat head screwdriver or a pry tool of some sort to pop a clip up?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, got it.
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 5 years ago.

ok.

First open your trunk lid to expose the entire bumper cover.

Note when you open the trunk you will expose 2 round panels that will pop out on either side near the bottom of the taillamps. Use a small screwdriver to pop these off to expose the bolt that is behind either cover. Remove these 10mm bolts from the area, you should place all hardware and covers in the truck or somewhere you will not loose them.

Now kneel down and look at the underside of the car from the rear, follow the bumper cover down and you will see where a couple clips hold the lower bumper cover to the undercarriage of the body, use a small screwdriver or pry tool to pull the round inner portion of these clips upward to seperate the clps and then slide the clips out of the body and set aside.

The last 2 pieces of hardware are in the fender area.

If you kneel down next to the rear tire on each side look at where the bumper cover and the fender meet....inside the fender liner area there is a small oval opening where the bumper meets, stick your finger straight up in this hols and you will feel the 10mm bolt sticking straight down, remove this bolt from each side of the bumper (driver and passenger side) and this is it for wardware.

Now grab the bumper cover at the front near the fender.wheel area dn pull it outward away from the vehicle, once you disengage the bumper from each side it will simply slide back to fall off the car.

I recommend having an assistant to help line the new one back up and be careful to not damage the paint.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is this one of your previous posts:

http://www.justanswer.com/questions/1fn3x-remove-replace-rear-bumper-cover

These seem a little different than the directions you just gave me. Also you do you happen to have access to the images in the original post?
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 5 years ago.

Questions are edited and deleted after they time out, I cannot control what just answer displays publically and you cannot go from a previous "test" question on the site. That's why you are here posting now.

Follow my directions from above and you will be fine. I looked at my personal vehicle as well to be sure that the repair manual did not leave anything out.

Toyotapro, ASE master tech
Experience: ASE Certified, 10+ years Lexus and Toyota Certified
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Understood. Thank you.
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 5 years ago.
just reply back here if you need me, I am usualy online for a couple more hours.