marcpod
marcpod, Own collision repair advice
Experience:  i-car/ASE/Basf training, 300 repairs and 650,000 in Collision w 18 yrs exp licensed adjuster
17579256

Tundra: turn signals..hazard flashers still work..module

Customer Question

my turn signals stopped working (06 tundra double cab), all at the same time. hazard flashers still work. suspect it's the flasher module, but can't locate it? anyone know the location? thanks
Category: Toyota
Expert:  marcpod replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to just answer. It is actaullin the switch. Here is how to check that. if you accept thi hit the green payment tab. Bonuses are always appreciated. Thank you.

Double cab:
INSPECT HAZARD WARNING SWITCH CONTINUITY

1. Remove the integration control panel.
  2. Check that the continuity exists between terminal 16 and terminal 10 with the switch ON.
  3. Check that no continuity exists between terminal 16 and terminal 10 with the switch OFF. If the continuity is not as specified, replace the panel.

Except double cab:

2. Check that the continuity exists between terminal 17 and terminal 1 with the switch ON.
  3. Check that no continuity exists between terminal 17 and terminal 1 with the switch OFF. If the continuity is not as specified, replace the panel
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
maybe I didn't explain fully......the hazard flashers are working fine, the "turn signals" will not work. Both sides quit working at the same time. I checked all the bulbs, they are intact. No collision or anything happened, just stopped working. I found the hazard flasher and it of course clicks when the emergency flashers are on. where is the module for the regular turn signals....? My thinking is that is where the problem is, am I wrong? Is there another electrical component in there ? that could be the problem.....?
Expert:  marcpod replied 5 years ago.

Yes , And yes you could be right. This is where it is.

Turn Signal Flasher
Notes
Instrument Panel (Access Cab, Standard Cab)

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
my truck is the double cab and 4WD- the hazard switch is in the middle of the dash sortof...not on the left side like this drawing.
Expert:  marcpod replied 5 years ago.
The turn signal flasher is on the driver side lower panel, You have a hazard flasher that is another relay that is under the steering wheel and then the hazard relay that is the switch in the center of console. Hopefully that answers your question but you have 3
marcpod, Own collision repair advice
Experience: i-car/ASE/Basf training, 300 repairs and 650,000 in Collision w 18 yrs exp licensed adjuster
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Look, I have my hand on the hazard flasher, but I cannot see or find another flasher/relay under the entire driver side of the dash, and including looking into the firewall pocket behind the plastic panel there....i am looking at the fuse box (the one inside of the truck is there on the driver side lower dash area) and also there are 2 more fuse boxes under the hood where i have also looked and I don't see it anywhere. I have the trim panels off of the steering column as well, so i am looking at the control pod/stalk controls for the blinkers, etc.....don't see it there either. I don't know where Toyota hid this flasher, but I can't find it. Unless the emergency flasher is a "double duty" unit that works the regular blinkers, and also works the emergency flashers...I don't know where else to look. Thanks for trying to help, if you think of something else, or have another idea let me know.
Expert:  marcpod replied 5 years ago.
I will Let you know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
hey, i am gonna hit the accept button now, i think that it must be one and the same unit. Monday I will go to Toyota and get a replacement and ask at their service desk also, but otherwise just gonna replace this flasher unit that I did find and hope it is the culprit
Expert:  marcpod replied 5 years ago.

Ok thanks if you need anythingelse just let me know. I know sometimes that hazard switch controls a bunch. Especially if you cant find the 3rd on the driver side.