CJ, Toyota Master & ASE Master
Experience:  ASE Master, Toyota Master Tech, Hybrid Certified, 24+ years Experience, Last 20 years with Toyota

1992 Toyota: liter..air conditioner speed..stopped working

I have a 1992 Toyota 4 runner 3 liter the air conditioner switch and the fan speed switch just stopped working what do i check or replace to fix this?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  CJ replied 7 years ago.
Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I checked the 30 amp fuse under the hood it seems okay.
Expert:  CJ replied 7 years ago.

okay there is also a 10 amp a/c fuse that is tied into to both switches. Here is the electrical diagram also. You may have a short in the hetar fan switch, these switches are known to go bad. Take the heater control assembly out of the dash and inspect the heater fan switch. If it looks burned replace it. I am certain you will find at least one blown fuse on the system. The 10 amp A/C fuse looks like the only fuse that is common to both circuits. the fuses for this circuit are in relay blockno. 3 in the right kick panel.

Click Here A/C Wiring diagram

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is there a diagram of the heater control assembly that you can provide so I Know where to find it and how to replace it. The 10 amp fuse that you spoke of is not blown.
Expert:  CJ replied 7 years ago.

the heater control assembly is where the A/C switch and Heater switch are in the center of dash below you radio. Here is the diagram of the dash components.

Click Here Panel