natet29, Toyota Technician
Experience:  ASE certified, Toyota certified in engine, chassis, drivetrain, and electrical

I accidently put diesel fuel in my 2008 Toyota Tundra

Submitted: 7 years ago via OnlineAutoRepair.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  natet29 replied 7 years ago.
in order to get rid of diesel you will have to remove tank and completely empty. after you remove tank let all of the diesel run out of fuel line by disconnecting the quickconnect under hood it will be the on the driver side of engine compartment and it will have a cover over it the tabs should be yellow. remove cover and push in on tabs and pull then line should come off. the other end will already be disconnected at the tank. reinstall tank and fuel lines then put some gas in. the truck will not run very well untill all of the diesel has been burned out. this job will be difficult without proper equipment. you can do it yourself but i recommend taking it to dealer.