Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

2002 camry ac light is flashing compressor will not run system

2002 camry ac light is flashing compressor will not run system has presure no codes per autozone

You have many options with today's internet so Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.com.

The A/C light flashes because the compressor is not turning or the belt is slipping. The speed sensor in the compressor is not matching the speed of the engine. Check the connectors to the A/C compressor and the belt tension.

On this particular year there is a service bulletin to address the problem with the magnetic clutch relay in the fuse box under the hood. If you swap the horn relay with the MAG/Clutch relay and the problem goes away then this will confirm the relay is bad. The relay pulls out by hand but can be in very tight.

RXXXXX XXXXX

P.S. I take great pride in providing quality responses for the people I assist. If you believe that I have been professional and helpful in my assistance please don't forget to give a positive rating for this exchange and click the accept button. If you feel my answer does not address your issues, please just tell me and I will opt out, allowing another technician to address your situation. My Goal is to make this experience one you appreciate.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

That was the problem its working no the mg clutch is what thru me off was looking for a A/C relay

Thanks for the help

You are welcome. If you buy the relay make sure you get one from the dealer not an after market one. They are about $70.

RXXXXX XXXXX