Victor, Toyota Master Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master ASE Certified, Prius/ Highlander/ Camry Hybrid Certified, trained in all areas

1998 Toyota Camry: o2 after the converter..interior floor..console

I own a 1998 Toyota Camry---- 2.2 L automatic & mgr. in CA. My scanner is showing a P0136 dtc.
I've located the O2 after the converter & the cable is routed thru the interior floor in the vicinity of
the console. My questions---- where is the Connector Side of the 02 cable terminated so I don't
have to gut the interior? Is the 02 sensor 3 or 4 conductor ? I can't see the number of conductors
at the sensor.    Thanks----Brian
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Victor replied 7 years ago.

Hi Brian and welcome to JustAnswer,

The 02 sensor connector is routed under the driver's side seat. It's beneath the carpet near the foot air ducts. Sometimes, you can gain access to the connector by reaching underneath the seat, near the air ducts and unplug the connector. If you can't you will need to unbolt the driver's seat.

The 02 sensor is a 4 wire connector.

Let me know if you need additional help.