Toyotapro, ASE master tech
Experience:  ASE Certified, 10+ years Lexus and Toyota Certified

Sienna: automatic door battery

Sienna 2003, the automatic door locks keep clicking to lock - how can I fix or disable them? I just got a new battery and that didn't seem to help. Thanks - John.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  marcpod replied 7 years ago.
Welcome to just answer. Is it just one door or all of them.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi - sorry for the delayed answer, it is the whole system; all door locks lock. One mechanic called it "disco locks" - they click sometimes non-stop, sometimes with time between. Almost always when there is an electrical even w/o the van running, e.g.: door open and the interior light goes on, when starting the engine.

Does that help?
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 7 years ago.

Does this problem hapen all the time or intermittently?

Do the locks keep clicking toward lock as if you are commanding power locks or do they cycle from unlock to lock and bac and forth?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
This happens intermittently but usually in "groups" of clicks, with all door locks going to the locked position. If it is already locked, it keeps "clicking" the locks as if someone were pressing the auto-lock button and it were already locked (because it is). It eventually settles down but picks back up once we start using the van again.
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 7 years ago.

ok, you said it is intermittent. Does this seem to be related to temperature?

Does this happen after you lock or unlock the van?

Do you use your key or the remote to lock the van?

Any history of accident damage on the van?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

The first time this happened it was last fall, cool and moist. It didn't happen again until about 3-4 weeks ago (spring, cool-moist), but it is now happening even when hot and dry. It will happend when I unlock using either the remote, key, or auto-lock/unlock button on the armrest. Lately I've only used the key because it re-locks immediately after trying the remote so only the key is effective when immediately openning the door.

There have been no accidedents with the van.

Expert:  Toyotapro replied 7 years ago.

Ok a few thoughts come to mind here.

First and most comon would be the integration relay under the dash that controls this sytem, it's toyota's earliest form of body control systems, I have seen these internally fail or become victim of moisture and corrosion and cause issues such as this.

Second items to check here is to be sure that the key unlock warning switches are connected and properly operating.

I do not suspect a door lock switch at this point based on the conditions you have stated however be sure to check that the switches don't seem to stick and that they operate normally.

Toyotapro, ASE master tech
Experience: ASE Certified, 10+ years Lexus and Toyota Certified