BigBob
BigBob, Shop manager/Service Manager
Experience:  Shop Manager with 25 years experience
13327319

2007 camry XLE: an transmission fluid flush..dealership..cars

i have a 2007 camry XLE, i went to get an transmission fluid flush and was told they could not do it because they could not find a dip stick to check level or flush my transmission. i did not know that my fluid had not been check of flush all this time and now i'm wondering is this serious and need to get to an dealership to get it check. i know that the cars today have alot of new technology. My car also has 63,938 miles on it, when do it start getting tune up on it. Is it true about the transmission flush only toyota can do it and why?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  BigBob replied 7 years ago.
Greetings,

It does not have to be done by a dealership, you will just need to find a shop that can do it. Here is the procedure for checking the fluid, but it can be flushed with a flush machine also, then the procedure is done. I work at an independent garage and we do these all the time. 100k miles is when the tune up comes up. 60k miles is when the flush for the trans is due.

let me know if I can help further.

Good luck,
Bob

my information is not free, I have to pay for it, please don’t forget to accept, because you made a deposit does not mean you have paid, I don’t get paid until you do