Boxer54, Toyota Technician
Experience:  ASE Master tech with L1 certification, Toyota Master Diagnostic Technician

how do i replace the battery in my keyless remote for toyota

how do i replace the battery in my keyless remote for toyota camry 2007
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Boxer54 replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your Toyota question. Does your car have smart key?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I don't know what that is. But, i can carry my key thing in my purse and my car recogonizes it and opens the doors. Then I just push a button to start it
Expert:  Boxer54 replied 7 years ago.
Thank you. That is a smart key remote. The first thing you will need to do is remove the mechanical key. The key ring attaches to this key and it snaps into the transmitter. On the side of the transmitter, there is a small button, which when pressed releases the key and it will slide out of the remote. You will need a small flathead screwdriver for the next steps. With the mechanical key removed, there is a slot on top of the remote. Insert a small flathead screwdriver into that slot and twist gently to open case. With case separated, you will see the battery. With the screwdriver push the battery towards the bottom of transmitter, then up and out to replace.