Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic

1995 Toyota 4runner: getting fuel..I have replaced the EFI relay

1995 Toyota 4runner 3.0 not getting fuel. I have replaced the EFI relay. The manual is telling me to use a SST and check across B+ andFp of the DLC1. What is a SST? And what does it tell me?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 7 years ago.

You have many options with today's internet so Thank you for choosing

The SST that they are referring to is simply a piece of wire. You can use a paperclip if you do not have any electrical wire. The connector they're referring to is a box under the hood about 1" x 2" with a lid that snaps open. There are terminals inside the lid that are identified. By putting this wire are crossed these terminals B+ and FP it runs the fuel pump continuously to determine whether or not the fuel pump is in fact bad. B+ should have 12 V all the time. Let me know if you can find this diagnostic connector.

P.S. I take great pride in providing quality responses for the people I assist. If you believe that I have been professional and helpful in my assistance please don't forget to give a positive rating for this exchange and click the accept button. If you feel my answer does not address your issues, please just tell me and I will opt out, allowing another technician to address your situation. My Goal is to make this experience one you appreciate.