recartier, Toyota Technician
Experience:  Toyota Maser Diagnostic Tech. 2 time national skills contest finalist, 29+ years

How do you check Fuel Pressure on a 1985 Toyota Camry?

Category: Toyota
Expert:  recartier replied 7 years ago.
You will need a fuel pressure gauge that will mount on the line that is on the fuel filter. You will need to remove the single banjo bolt and replace it with a double banjo bolt that comes with the fuel pressure gauge (you stack the 2 lines on top of each other hence the need for the double banjo bolt). Since there is no tap for fuel pressure on the line anywhere, This is the only way to get a gauge to fit.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I forgot to ask: Where is the fuel filter is what should the fuel pressure be? Thanks!!
Expert:  recartier replied 7 years ago.
I'm going form memory here, but I beleive the filter is on the drivers side of the engine compartment, in the area below the brake booster. Follow the fuel pressure line back from the engine to find the filter. You should see about 41psi.