marcpod
marcpod, Own collision repair advice
Experience:  i-car/ASE/Basf training, 300 repairs and 650,000 in Collision w 18 yrs exp licensed adjuster
17579256

2002 toyota sienna: the door locks an keyless entry..van..hood

I have a 2002 toyota sienna. the door locks an keyless entry stopped working along witht he dome lights. I changed the dome 10A fuse inside the van and the 15A fuse under the hood with no luck. It was suggested that the integration relay under the dash may be the problem. Does this make sense? If so, can I get one at an auto wrecker? And if I change the relay will I need to reprogram my key fobs?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  marcpod replied 5 years ago.
yes that may be the problem/ does the key work in cylinder to lock and do the doors lock and unlock from the inside/ No you cant get one from a wrecker because then you will have to reprogram, if you only chaange the relay then no you do not have to reprogram/ Let me know I can help more about the door locks if the key works and the switches work inside the door
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, the key does work in the cylinder, but only for the specific lock it is unlocking. All the doors need to be manually locked individually. The locking switches on the driver and passenger doors do not lock or unlock all the doors.
If I pull a relay out of a wrecker, why would that have to be programed and not one bought from the dealer? I understand that this part can be rather expensive.
Expert:  marcpod replied 5 years ago.
well the main door is the driver door once you put the lock actuator in it will open the circuit for all other doors its not that expensive Putting it in mght be more expensive I will look at times ok Mike
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
BotXXXXX XXXXXne question: my electric door locks do not work. Each door needs to be locked and unlocked manually. My dome light, key light,courtesy lights do not work. All the fuses that seem to be related are OK. Is the Integration Relay the only other possibility?
Expert:  marcpod replied 5 years ago.
I really dont think so. Now there is bulletin on the keyless lock and unlock and your right they are pretty exensive for the lock actuator/ This is what I recommend I can find a local ASE.Mechanic for you go to collisionrepairadvice.com
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What else should I check that might be suspect?
Expert:  marcpod replied 5 years ago.

Mike It really sounds like a bad actuator in that driver door/ There is only one wayt o check and thats to see if there is amperage going to that lock once it gets faulty it wont electrically work on any other door. Its like having a open circuit

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
But, how does that relate to the dome light circuit also being affected?
Expert:  marcpod replied 5 years ago.
they are all connected to the same wiring so say for instance you close your door the switch in the lock is saying that you have closed the door but the light stays on the the switch would be bad its not relaying any power back its like haveing a crimped wire or pinched wire
Expert:  marcpod replied 5 years ago.
they are on the same circuit
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Mysteriously, after I left with the van, during which time the wireless lock sytem did not work, returned, read your last answer, went out and the system was working normal! What gives?
Ok, how do I remove the actuator and check it if it happens again?
Thanks.
Expert:  marcpod replied 5 years ago.
need to tqke off door interior trim panel take vapor barrier off and there are three bolts that go into the lock actuator take thiose out and unhook the 2 rods from that disconnect the wire and then inspect check amp going to lock or actuator then change if neccesary
marcpod, Own collision repair advice
Experience: i-car/ASE/Basf training, 300 repairs and 650,000 in Collision w 18 yrs exp licensed adjuster