MARKY25
MARKY25, Toyota Technician
Experience:  TOYOTA MDT (master diagnostic tech.) ASE MASTER A1-A8 & L1 SIUC AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGY
16967226

TOYOTA HIGHLANDER: CHECK ENGINE LIGHT..VSC..MAY BE GAS CAP LOOSE OR

TO; RICHARD THE TOYOTA MAN 02 TOYOTA HIGHLANDER CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON. TRACK OFF AND VSC LIGHTS ON. HAD CODEAS CHECKED, MAY BE GAS CAP LOOSE OR BAD. TIGHTENED CAP CAME BACK OMN IN FEW DAYE. INSTALLED NEW GAS CAP CAME BACK ON I 8 OR 10 DAYS. WHAT DOES THIS INDICATE IS WRONG AND HOW TO REPAIR.

Hi Stewball,

Can you tell me what the trouble code number is?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

NO THEY DID NOT SAY WHAT THE CODE WAS JUST THAT IT INDICATED THAT THE GAS CAP PROBLEM , EITHER LOOSE OR BAD. mAYBE i WILL HAVE TIME TO HAVE IT CHECKED AGAIN TOMORROW.

Yes, because there is no code that specificly says "gas cap loose". It likely has an "EVAP leak detected". Regardless, you changed the gas cap. Now this indicates a leak elsewhere.

Get the code number if you can.

Do you smell fuel vapors?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

NO I HAVEN'T SMELLED ANY VAPORS. I WILL GET THE CODE NUMBER TOMORROW.

hi can i suggest chefor any loose hoses around the air cleaner box. i know for a fact that the evap hose gets disconnected by accident when checking the air filter and will cause evap dtcs to set check it out and let me know if you found any loose hoses or not. i have seen this several times.
MARKY25, Toyota Technician
Experience: TOYOTA MDT (master diagnostic tech.) ASE MASTER A1-A8 & L1 SIUC AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGY
Yes, good suggestion
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
MARKY 25 ANSEWRED THE QUESTION EARLIER. THERE WAS A LOOSE HOSE. WHO DO I PAY?
Pay him
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

THANKS VERY MUCH RICHARD M I WIL TRY TO GET YOU AGAIN.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

RICHARD M. I AM CANCELING THE QUESTION ABOUT THE BRAKES SQUEALING

I HAVE DETERMINED IT IS THE OPPOSITE SIDE, I WILL PUT THE NEW PADS ON THAT SIDE ALSO.