Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

2002 Toyota Camry: I pushed the front driver seat..override..manually

I have a 2002 Toyota Camry. I pushed the front driver seat all the way forward to look for something, it is electric, not manual, and not it is stuck forward. Is there a way to override manually, or how could I fix this?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 5 years ago.

You have many options with today's internet so Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.com.

Do the other power features work, like the door locks and windows? There is no over ride feature to get the seat back. The electric motors are direct drive. The fuse may have blown for the power features. Did you check the connectors under the seat do they appear to be intact and connected? Try jiggling the seat. Does the back of the seat recline or work at all?

RXXXXX XXXXX

P.S. I take great pride in providing quality responses for the people I assist. If you believe that I have been professional and helpful in my assistance please don't forget to give a positive rating for this exchange and click the accept button. If you feel my answer does not address your issues, please just tell me and I will opt out, allowing another technician to address your situation. My Goal is to make this experience one you appreciate.

Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: Toyota Master Diagnostic
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The rest of the seat functions, that is it reclines and moves up and down. We did jiggle it, no avail. All other electric seems to work.

Do you have a volt meter or a 12 volt test light or some jumper wires to test a few things?

RXXXXX XXXXX

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, we do not.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no we do not

Your only other option is to disconnect the battery cable end for 5 minutes and see if it possible resets anything. This is a long long shot but it only takes a 10mm wrench to try. The other thing would be trying to unbolt the rear seat track bolts and the fronts if you can still reach them and try to twist the seat tracks to force the motor to try and jar it if it is stuck. The track cover just pop off and then a 14 mm socket or 9/19 in. will work. That is about all you can try with out some test equipment or jumper wires. I just double checked the wiring diagram and there is a separate fuse for the power seats. It is a 30 amp POWER SEAT fuse in the lower finish panel fuse box. Check it to make sure it is good. It may have popped when you maxed the seat all the way forward.

RXXXXX XXXXX

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
If the fuse was shot would the seat still be able to recline/go up and down? Linda

You are correct the other seat functions would not work I forgot you said that the other functions of the seat worked. If the seat goes up try to tap on the motors under the seat with a small hammer while holding the switch in the back position and see if you can jar them to work. They are about 3 to 4 inches long and are parallel to the front of the seat.

RXXXXX XXXXX

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I thank you for your help. I will try these things in the daylight tomorrow. My dad is coming over to help me. I already hit the accept button so you should have gotten paid already, although only $9, this is the first time I used this site so I did not want to risk much. I am very grateful. - Linda

You are welcome and if you need anything in the future just ask for me to answer your question (within the question format itself) and I will get back to you. I check my messages often.

RXXXXX XXXXX