Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2005 Toyota Tundra...ABS Light, TSC (both) lights and Brake

Customer Question

2005 Toyota Tundra...ABS Light, TSC (both) lights and Brake light are staying on, on the dash.....computor codes showed left front, right front, left rear, right rear spead sensors.....tech cleared codes drove and could only get left rear sensor code to come back up.....back to tech now hard codes....ordered and installed new left rear speed sensor with traction control.....installed it removed battery cable for 15 minutes to clear codes and it didn't work.....can you tell me what's up? How to clear the codes if the left rear sensor fixed the problem?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 5 years ago.

Hello and thank you for using just answer.

To properly assist you here I need to know the specific code #'s, the engine size and 2wd or 4wd. THanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
On my blackberry switch to e-mail addressXXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 5 years ago.
we don't respond to e-mail address' it's against site policy, just log back into this site and reply back here
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It's a V8, four wheel drive
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 5 years ago.
Ok and code #'s?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm at home and don't have the code numbers and didn't record them....last reading on the hard codes (tech said hard codes meaning system was seeing the problem at that time) was just the left rear speed sensor and the ABS/TSC system...tech said the left rear sensor tripped the code for the ABS/TSC....he said that code was just telling us the ABS/TSC system wasn't working due to the left rear sensor.....at home I installed the new left rear speed sensor and tried clearing the codes by tech advise to remove battery cable for 5 minutes...which I did it for 15 minutes....lighta are still on?
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 5 years ago.
I need specific code #'s to help you here. Code descriptions would only allow me to guess, code #'s allow me to properly guide you, just reply back when you have them and I will be glad to help.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Unfortunatly I'm running out of time as I've made a deal to trade the truck in on a new one.....wanted to get this fixed today...which I thought I had by installing the new sensor.....is removing the battery cable supposed to clear the codes? Or how does one clear them?
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 5 years ago.

That is what I have been trying ot tell you here.

Give me code #'s and I can help you.

Throwing parts at a problem will not solve anything.

It's very common for people to tow cars into my shop after replacing hundreds of dollars worth of parts with no resolution.

Get me code #'s if you want help. Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Okay.....thanks