Jay Champagne
Jay Champagne, Toyota Master Diag. Tech.
Experience:  Toyota Dealership Shop Foreman, Hybrid Certified, ASE Master Cert. 13 Yrs. Toyota Experience.
16136835

Toyota venza: you set the time on the time

Customer Question

How do you set the time on the time on the toyota venza with navigation system installed
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Jay Champagne replied 7 years ago.

Greetings,

The clock is automaticly set by the nav system. If it is incorrect you can change the settings for time zone and daylight savings time through the nav display. With the vehicle stopped press the SETUP button. Select CLOCK, and check the settings.

Enjoy your new Venza! If there is anything else you need please ask.

Jay

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Jay

Thank you But I did what you suggested before I sent you the E-Mail about my problem , and it will not automaticly adjust and I can not change the time for some reason the change time does not come up on the screen when I select clock & hit setup It brings up time zone & daylight saving on or off but will not bring any thing else up???

Hi again, I've been looking and I haven't found any way to manually set the clock. It seems it is only done automatic by the Nav system. The only changes are the ones you found. On a vehicle without Nav the info button under the clock is how it's done. Does you Nav work properly. I'll check out a vehicle next time I see one at the shop. Till then if another expert has the answer please answer.
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 7 years ago.
Clarify what's wrong with the clock here? Is it just off 1 hour with daylight savings time or what exactly is the clock reading compared to the actual time?
Another expert tells me that there should be a menu selection to turn off the auto adjust and set the clock manually. I know I have seen it in other models but I couldn't find any reference to it on this model so I can't tell you exactly how to do it. Look through the settings and options menus to see if it's there.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hi Again

in answer to the other technicians question yes the clock is off the 1 hr. because of the day light saving time, also I haven't been able to bring up the menue I wish could??

Hi again,

I was under the impression that you had accessed that menu already as I described in my first answer. Were you not able to get there? The vehicle will need to be stopped in order to make any changes. We are currently in daylight savings time so that fuction will need to be ON to correct the time.

Again to access the time options press the SETUP button under the screen, this should bring you to a setup options screen. Select CLOCK and it will bring up the options for time zone and daylight savings. Daylight savings should be on. Verify your time zone is correct also.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hi Jay

We have corsponded quite a lot in the past 2 days, I have used the nav. manual on the clock & have tried to follow it I have put us in Eastern time zone ,daylight saving is on & hit OK & still it will not change time. I called the dealer & talked to service manager this morning. He did not have a Venza with the nav. installed so he was unable to walk me through it. He said when we come over for service he will make sure to change the time for me?

Hi, The other experts and I are here to help as much as possible to resolve your problem.

I'm not sure why the system time is inaccurate with the correct settings but the only thing left I can think of is to force a change in the time zone. I belive there is an option to change the zone using GMT time as a base point. Eastern standard time is currently -4:00GMT you can try adjusting that according to the error. At least this should correct it until your first service at which time the service dept can look at it with you. Part of our job as dealership techs is to educate new owners on the many(and sometimes complicated/confusing) features and fuctions of their new vehicle.

Jay

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Jay

I set gmt at -4:00 & then hit OK still an hr slow, will not change ??

Set to GMT-3:00. See if it changes. So what happened here is when we changed the clocks this weekend your vehicle didn't change correct? If you have done everything right, and it seems so, there may be a software issue here that hasn't been noticed until this first time change. If you shut off daylight savings does the time change?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Jay

I sat the gmt at -3:00 & turned the daylight saving to off, waited awhile then turned it back to on, still no change on the clock time. I most definetly do appreciate all the hard work & research you have done so far. Yes the problem happened yesterday when I drove the car & noticed the time did not change to daylight saving time.

Hi, If I'm thinking about this correctly then changing the zone to -3 and turning off daylight savings cancel each other. 1+(-1)=0 If you tried these seperately and there was no change then there is something strange here. Try setting the zone somewhere else and see if the time changes.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Jay

I moved the zone clear up to 12 & no time change, then I brought it back to -3:00 GMT

Sorry, I can't figure out why. There is something wrong here. The dealer will need to see it.
Experience: Toyota Dealership Shop Foreman, Hybrid Certified, ASE Master Cert. 13 Yrs. Toyota Experience.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I will take it to the dealer when I get a chance , however it is a 60 mile trip one way so I am not anxious to make that trip to often. I am going to accept your trouble shooting service even though you were not able to correct my problem I feel like you gave it your best Thank You.
Much appreciated. I only wish I could do more. If there is anything else I can help you with please ask. I am very familiar with this vehicle.