Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic

having problem bleeding brakes on a 1990 toyota pickup 4x4

having problem bleeding brakes on a 1990 toyota pickup 4x4 v6 new master cyl and front calipers

You have many options with today's internet so Thank you for choosing

Can you explain in more detail what is going on ? Are you getting good fluid flow at the four wheels? Is the pedal spongy? Why was the master cylinder replaced?

P.S. I take great pride in providing quality responses for the people I assist. If you believe that I have been professional and helpful in my assistance please don't forget to give a positive rating for this exchange and click the accept button. If you feel my answer does not address your issues, please just tell me and I will opt out, allowing another technician to address your situation. My Goal is to make this experience one you appreciate.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
brake pads were worn out,replaced calipers and front pads ,wile bleeding brakes got spongy . looked like master cylinder was leaking so that was replaced. having problem bleed ing master cyl. prior to master cyl. got good fluid out of all wheels except left rear lots of air although the wheel is dry

With the lines off at the master cylinder and holding your fingers over the holes do you get good flow and pressure at the master cylinder if you have someone pump the pedal?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i havn't tried that yet, ifirst did a bench bleed . fluid was gravity flowing very good then the rear line stopped. my home phone is XXX-XXX-XXXX if needed

Sorry they block numbers not permitted off site communications. Make sure you can get some pressure at the master cylinder it is not unusual to see a bad after market master cylinder. If you can not get pressure at the master cylinder holding your fingers over the holes after someone pumps the pedal 5 or 6 times the master cylinder is no good. Gravity bleeding is not always a good way. There is a LSPV on the rear of the truck that has a separate bleeder on it that has to be bleed. It will get air trapped in it or can stick and keep fluid from getting to the rear wheels.