Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic

Torque spec. on a 22r engine

Customer Question

torque spec. on a 22r engine
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 7 years ago.

Which torque specs and what is the year?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i have a 1989 toyota hilux 22r engine, am doing a overhaul on it. i need the torque spec of the headgasket or head and also the sequence in torqueing the head to the block

You have many options with today's internet so Thank you for choosing

The torque of the head bolts are 58 ft lbs. The sequence starts with the middle 2 bolts between cylinder 2 and 3 and work your way out diagonally towards cylinder 1 and 4 until you reach the last 2 bolts on the ends of the head.

P.S. I take great pride in providing quality responses for the people I assist. If you believe that I have been professional and helpful in my assistance please don't forget to give a positive rating for this exchange and click the accept button. If you feel my answer does not address your issues, please just tell me and I will opt out, allowing another technician to address your situation. My Goal is to make this experience one you appreciate.