Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

1994 Camry Radio, clock and power outside mirrors not working

I have checked fuse under the dash and that is not the problem. (I have a 1995 Camry also and used that as a test.)

You have many options with today's internet so Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.com.

Do you have a test light and or a voltmeter and a basic understanding of how to use it? Do you have a wiring diagram?

RXXXXX XXXXX

P.S. I take great pride in providing quality responses for the people I assist. If you believe that I have been professional and helpful in my assistance please don't forget to give a positive rating for this exchange and click the accept button. If you feel my answer does not address your issues, please just tell me and I will opt out, allowing another technician to address your situation. My Goal is to make this experience one you appreciate.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I do have volt meter (somewhere)but really have no idea how to use it.

I also do not have a wiring diagram.

I'm basically a loser, so that is why I need you! Thanks for the prompt response.

A loser is defined as someone unwilling to try and wanting someone else to do it for free. That being said the common fuse for all three of these items is the 15 amp CIG/RADIO fuse which is behind the the coin box on the drivers side. Triple check it and make sure you have power to it. The next is the 20 amp DOME fuse and it is in the fuse box under the hood. Let me know what you find with these and we can go from here.

RXXXXX XXXXX

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I found and checked the 20 amp fuse under the hood. That is not the problem. I have exchanged the 15 Amp fuse and the 20 amp fuse between my 1995 Camry and my 1994 camry, and the 95 camry radio always works and the 94 camry radio always does not.

I am not sure how to check if the 15 amp fuse "has power coming to it."

Next step?

The fuses need to have 12 volts. The easiest way to check them is to probe them with a 12 volt test light. Does the cigarette lighter have power? If you probe the fuse 15 amp there should be 12 volts on both sides.

RXXXXX XXXXX

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Randy -- thanks for hanging in with me.

Have double checked fuses in engine and under dash - they check out OK. Cig lighter does not have power.

I do not seem to get voltage when I do the test on the fuse.

Sorry for the delay I have been off for a few days.

Click on the link and download the picture. The P-L wire has to have power at the pin located in the connector in the back of the junction block. This is the main feed to the CIG/RADIO fuse from the key switch.

RXXXXX XXXXX

http://www.mediafire.com/?xttooitniky

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Where is this located-- under the hood, or under the dash?

It is located on the back side of the fuse box where the fuses are behind the coin box. You have to look up under the dash on the drivers side.

RXXXXX XXXXX

Check the female pins in the fuse box for the CIG fuse sometimes people jam adapters in the female pins and it spreads them apart and you loose contact on the fuse blade. If you pull the fuse out and check both pins for voltage one should have 12 volts.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks. I got it working.