Toyotapro, ASE master tech
Experience:  ASE Certified, 10+ years Lexus and Toyota Certified

Windshield wipers will not turn off.

Windshield wipers will not turn off. What is the problem? Is this something I can fix myself?
Thank you for using just answer. What year and model Toyota do you have?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
2002 Tacoma
Thank you for the reply. Now can you please elaborate on this? Does the wiper switch still have function? What speed are the wipers stuck on (high, low, intermittect)? Can you change the wiper operation speed? Any repairs before this started happening or is this a random failure that just occured? Do the wipers stop if you turn the truck off?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Wipers are stuck on slow speed. Will not go to intermittent but will go to hi speed. They are stuck on low speed. Can change from low to hi but not low to intermittent. No repairs have been done. The will turn off when the truck is off.

Thank you for the reply. I was just reading the schematic on your truck. First be aware that there are 2 seperate wiper systems for this year model, you already stated yours has intermittent function. Most likely you are dealing with a switch issue here. The system has constant power to the motor and your switch acts as the ground to control motor speed and timing. The switch needs to be tested on your truck and replaced if needed. For now you can remove the 20 amp WIPER fuse to disable the system if needed.