Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

1998 Toyota Camry: the anti-theft system immobilizing my car

My 1998 Toyota Camry decided over night to activate the anti-theft system immobilizing my car in the carport. How do I de-activate the system?

Is this a Toyota alarm system or an aftermarket system?

RXXXXX XXXXX

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

It came from the factory with the system

Henry

You have many options with today's internet so Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.com.

Click the link below and download the file. Identify which remote that you have and give me the figure number. There are 2 systems from Toyota.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=d8b582d3d53213ea91b20cc0d07ba4d2e113f7fadbae144d

RXXXXX XXXXX

RXXXXX XXXXX

P.S. I take great pride in providing quality responses for the people I assist. If you believe that I have been professional and helpful in my assistance please don't forget to give a positive rating for this exchange and click the accept button. If you feel my answer does not address your issues, please just tell me and I will opt out, allowing another technician to address your situation. My Goal is to make this experience one you appreciate.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

We lost the special keys that came with the car year s ago. The remote was in the key. It is called the SecuriKey system. So we no longer have a remote controller.

We had some incredible winds here tow nights ago that must have rocked the car or maybe something else set off the theft protection. We just cut it off. Thanks

Henry

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Randy, I got it going! Inside on the dash to the left of the steering wheel is a small red button the owners manuel calls a valet button. By pushing this button in I was able to get the engine to start when I turned the ignition key.

Thanks

Now were off

Henry

This is not a Toyota alarm system Toyota does not use valet buttons.

RXXXXX XXXXX