Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic

2005 toyota tacoma: my air conditioning and heater fan stop working

my air conditioning and heater fan stop working when I turn the knob 2005 toyota tacoma
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 7 years ago.

You have many options with today's internet so Thank you for choosing

Does the heater relay in the relay box under the hood click when the blower switch is moved to any position. Do you have 12 volts on either of the wires at the blower motor?

P.S. I take great pride in providing quality responses for the people I assist. If you believe that I have been professional and helpful in my assistance please don't forget to give a positive rating for this exchange and click the accept button. If your feel my answer does not address your issues, please just tell me and I will opt out, allowing another technician to address your situation. My Goal is to make this experience one you appreciate.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I do not hear any sound when I turn switch. when I hit the air conditioning button i do hear compressor, I feel heat when i turn to the heat setting. i just dont get the fan.I dont know where the fan is so I cant check the voltage.

The blower motor is on the passenger side up under the glove box. The end is about 3 inches around and 1 electrical connector. Do you have a 12 volt test light or voltmeter. The most common problem is the blower motor.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I will look for it and check the voltage. Would it help to check the fuses and replace the fan relays before messing with the motor?

I would definitely check the fuses but the relays rarely ever go bad.