importguy
importguy, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  10+ years in asain imports
8917684

Rav4: alarm goes..my battery went dead and I..alarm went

Customer Question

my rav4 alarm goes off after my battery went dead and I could not reset it. I replace the battery but still everytime I connect the battery the alarm went on and on and could not be rest. please help!!!!! it is a manufacturers alarm set up.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  importguy replied 5 years ago.
reconnect your battery and lock and unlock your drivers door with the key also try locking and unlocking your tailgate with the key . this should reset the alarm
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
hi, I don't know if I have to pay you. I have been waiting for your response which is a bit long but one of my neighbor sorted it before I have read your response.
Expert:  importguy replied 5 years ago.

thats totalty up to you. sorry for the wait i realy dont know why it took so long for a response experts typically answer quickly. i am glad to see that your issue has been taken care of though.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
hi, i thought my car was ok after my heighbor fix it. it starts for awhile but the alarm still on. now i have to remove the battery because it was irritating. when placed it back it activates the alarm and wont start this time. i followed your advice but it wont work. it is still activated and the alarm is on.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

can you help me since my neighbors help did not last long

Expert:  importguy replied 5 years ago.

do you still have your keyless remote?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes, I still have my keyless remote. i have used it to disarm but it is not working.
Expert:  importguy replied 5 years ago.
have you replaced the battery in the remote? and also what year is your rav 4
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
my problem still not sorted. I have changed the battery of my remote. I followed your advice to lock and unlock the door but still the alarm and immobilizer was not deactivated. the red led light is still on together with the alarm. any more advise on how to do it. im stuck at the moment. my rav4 is 1996 model
Expert:  importguy replied 5 years ago.

try this remove your negative cable leaving the positive connected insert your key and tturn the ignition to the start position and leave it there and wait for 30 minutes then reconnect your battery leaving the key in the start position

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i tried your latest advise and the engine works and starts. but when i stop the engine, the alarm and immobilizer activates again.