Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Toyota Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic

Toyota- camry- 2001, Humming sound in the drivers side front

Toyota- camry- 2001, Humming sound in the driver's side front wheel? How to replace hub and bearing?. Would I need to buy a special high speed kind of grease to apply to bearing and hub assembly . Would I need a press machine to mount the bearing in its hub?

The new bearing comes as a sealed unit and has all the grease needed. The old bearing will need will need to be predded out and the new one pressed in. Most parts stores can do this for you. I have included the instructions for this below.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
This is my first time relying in your great service.

First, I forgot to state my first question about EGR Valve problem. I need the procedure to how to replace the valve vaccumm and the valve assembly EGR V. since my dashboard is showing check engine do to the EGR. once the 2 elements are replaced,would the dash symbol disappear?

Secondly,what do you mean by "predded out" what is the name of the press machine needed.
Do the bearing and the hub need to be replaced together? or I need just to replace the bearing or the hub . Is there any other part that are recommendable to be replaced in a situation like this?

These are the 2 problems tat I am having with my Toyota camry 2001.

Looking forward to hearing from you again.
Thank you very much

Sorry for the typo,,,it should have been Pressed, not predded :-)

The bearing is pressed out of the hub, the hub does not need to be replaced. Your best bet is to have the parts store where you are buying the bearing press it for you.

As for the EGR valve, is this a 4 or 6 cylinder?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It's a 4 cylinder

You are welcome :-)

Here is the info on the EGR,,,once repared/replaced, the light should go off.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
the diagram you sent me is not helping me. Could you please send me a specific esquematic to see the location of the bottom part, since I see the the vaccum unit connected close to the EGR Unit on top of the engine. Are you suggesting to replace the EGR valve?
Could you send me a bigger version of front suspension components, please? How does the separator tool look like? Is the Steering knuckle the one that needs to be remove to take it to part store to have repalced? to my understanding this particular bearing is only sold at the dealership ? any tips on that? Could type you actual procedure on this matter the one that you copied is not explicit enough or clear for me.

Yes the dealer is probably the best place to get the bearing, but any parts store can replace it. The separator tool looks like3 a fork that wedges between the ball joint and knuckle. The knuckle contains the hub and bearing,,,take it to the parts store. You can try just cleaning out all the carbon from inside the EGR valve once removed.

Those instructions are the exact way to replace the bearings,,,i cant really put any different...i have to run some errands and will check back in with you in a couple hours.

EGR Valve

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
That is right that is how the EGR valve looks like,but my question was about the the other two elements that are connected to the EGR valve that I understand the VSV modulator and another one, both are attached to the exhaust gas circulation flow, which is insufficient. one of them should be on the bottom but where and how to replace it?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am still waiting for my answer

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Second time request. <br />Wouldyou please send me the answer of my las question?. <br />Thanks<br />
Sorry for the delay,,,i have looked everywhere and cant find a diagram or any info on that part you are refering to,,,i'll keep trying need to reply back, if i find it, i'll let ya know.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
VSV modulator and another one, both are attached to the exhaust gas circulation flow, which is insufficient. one of them should be on the bottom but whereis it , what's the name of it, and how to replace it?