ttiger79
ttiger79, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, Advanced Level Engine Performance
2207141

2001 Toyota Sequoia: the VSC trac and VSC lights come..pull

2001 Toyota Sequoia, the VSC trac and VSC lights come on together every so often. We pull over and turn car off to re-boot system. Had the car to mechanic. No answer other than a malfunction. It didn't go on for him. We use this car in some remote camping locations. Anything to worry about with these 2 dash lights going on? I am not using 4x4 at the time, just normal city driving. ABS light is NOT on. Check engine light is NOT on, no other lights are on in [email protected]
Hi!
The system will reset as soon as the vehicle is restarted. This is why it's hard to diagnose the system failure. As long as there's no other lights that come on, your vehicle won't leave you stranded. Usually, these lights will come on when there's a failure in the other vehicle systems. If the check engine light comes on, the VSC trac and VSC lights will come on. This isn't what you have mentioned, though. As long as the other lights stay off, you won't be stranded. If you are near a shop when the lights go on, take it in and don't shut the vehicle off. This will keep the computer from resetting the fault.

Let me know if you have any more questions!