Toyotapro
Toyotapro, ASE master tech
Experience:  ASE Certified, 10+ years Lexus and Toyota Certified
9414525

What is trouble code B1801 I find it to be a body code, however

What is trouble code B1801? I find it to be a body code, however the airbag light is on. Also, what is "open D SQB circuit"? Not sure what the SQB is...thinking it is seatbelt. :)
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for using just answer. This refers to a few things. Did this happen after a collision or any repair or accessory install? Once you privide me with a little more information I will be able to answer your question. THanks!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I hit a water bar and think that may have triggered the light or it could have been because I didn't have my seatbelt on for part of the ride.
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 5 years ago.
Ok thanks for the clarification. First be aware that the scan tool you are using may not be able to properly "clear" the code, if the light goes off after you clear it and does not come back on but DOES come on when you start the truck back up then there is a valid issue here, the SRS system performs a self check several times including everytime you start the vehicle. B1801 D squib refers to an open in the driver horn button assembly, this can be due to a defective driver air bag, air bag center sensor issue, spiral cable issueor the wires from the steering column to the center air bag, this requires several complex checks to be performed and also requires special training in air bag safety procedures and handling. This is not something to be inspected or repaired by an at-home do it your self mechanic.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I just talked to my mechanic, who looked at the truck today and got that code. Is there a trouble code chart that would show how to test for it? Do you happen to have any diaghrams of wiring or anything of the sort that would help him better diagnose? Thank you. :)

Expert:  Toyotapro replied 5 years ago.

Yes I do, click below:

DOWNLOAD

Note that as i stated above this is not intended to be done by anyone that is not properly trained in air bag safety, I not just answer hold any legal liability to damage to your truck or personal injury if an air bag deploys.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
THANKS! This should help. My mechanic will be happy!
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 5 years ago.
Let me know if I can be of further assistance and please remember to click the green "accept" before you log out. Good luck!
Toyotapro, ASE master tech
Experience: ASE Certified, 10+ years Lexus and Toyota Certified