Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

91 Toyota Previa--Heater Blower Motor--How do you test it

91 Toyota Previa--Heater Blower Motor--How do you test it ?? There is power downstream of the fuse and relays [hi and lo] Is there a way w/o first tearing everything apart ??   Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX in Alaska...........

Does the fan work when you switch the fan to high? The fan switches are known to go bad on these. Does the fan switch feel loose or sloppy? Do you need a wiring diagram?

RXXXXX XXXXX

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hi Randy, Wow! That was fast ! The blower does not come on at all. The switch pulls in both relays. I tested for power and both are letting power go thru. I was hoping that i could further test towards the motor, but i don't know how. Is there a harness somewhere to test at , before ripping the works apart ?? I looked at a schematic, but it didn't give info on where or what any ohm values were. I'm lost. Thanks Again,Customer

Click the links below for the component locater and the wiring diagram. The blower and the resistor are the other 2 most common failures. If it works on high then it is not the blower motor because it bypasses the resistor on hi. Pull the front air scoop under the hood and make sure the recirc/fresh air door is set to fresh. You can reach in there and give the squirrel cage a spin and see if the blower starts to work while the switch is on. Sometimes if you jar it will start to work in which case the blower motor will need to be replaced. Do this before we get into allot of ohm checking.

DOWNLOAD

DOWNLOAD

RXXXXX XXXXX

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks Randy, I'll let you know how it goes. Today is the first day of snow !1 Early. Jim

Let me know.

RXXXXX XXXXX