Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic

1993 toyota camry: 30 amp..keep blowing..ignition key is turn..wagon

Fuse AM2 ( 30 amp ) keep blowing as soon as ignition key is turn on - 1993 toyota camry wagon 2.2liter auto
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 8 years ago.

You have many options with today's internet so Thank you for choosing

Disconnect both the electrical connectors to the distributer. Replace the fuse and see how it goes. You will find that the condenser/capacitor in the distributer is shorted to ground. You need to replace it or clip the wire from the coil. The condesor can be purchased from the dealer for about $10.

P.S. I take great pride in providing quality responses for the people I assist. If you believe that I have been professional and helpful in my assistance please don't forget to give a positive rating for this exchange and click the accept button. If you feel my answer does not address your issues, please just tell me and I will opt out, allowing another technician to address your situation. My Goal is to make this experience one you appreciate.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I already tried disconnect both connector at the distributor, but it is still does the same thing

Click the link below for the power flow circuit. On page 2 is the circuits that are feed by the AM2 30 amp fuse. The next most common problem would be the injectors or the wiring. Did someone pinch the wires to the injectors under the valve cover? Start disconnecting the items in the list of supplied items to isolate the short.