Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic

I replace the driver side mirror (glass only)..snap

Can I replace the driver side mirror (glass only)? Does it snap in? Can I put pressure behind mirror and snap it out for replacement?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 5 years ago.

You have many options with today's internet so Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.com.

The glass is available separately. Any dealer can order it for you but the VIN or model number is XXXXX best way to get the right part number. Manual mirror glass is different the electric mirrors.

RXXXXX XXXXX

P.S. I take great pride in providing quality responses for the people I assist. If you believe that I have been professional and helpful in my assistance please don't forget to give a positive rating for this exchange and click the accept button. If you feel my answer does not address your issues, please just tell me and I will opt out, allowing another technician to address your situation. My Goal is to make this experience one you appreciate.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have the mirror. How do I remove the mirror from the housing?

Click on the link for a bulletin to do the glass replacement.

DOWNLOAD

I end up breaking more then I get replaced.

RXXXXX XXXXX

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Sorry, but telling me "you end up breaking more than you get replaced" is no help. I know how to break it, but I wanted to know how to remove it and reset it.

Thank you anyway,

J. K. Hall

The directions in the DOWNLOAD are very specific. Did you download them? I was merely telling you that they are very tricky to install with out breaking them. Even if you follow the Toyota instructions you need to be careful and apply even pressure on the glass when snapping it into place. You asked for directions. I have delivered the Toyota instructions to you. If you choose to follow them and break the glass because you don't install it properly is not my responsibility.

RXXXXX XXXXX

To not pay for the instructions that I provided is up to you. I gave you what you asked for.

Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: Toyota Master Diagnostic