mauricio, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  15 years working in all makes and models

97 toyota corolla: brake pedal..rear wheel..master cylinder..leaks

Customer Question

97 toyota corola soft brake pedal new rear wheel cylinders,master cylinder,and right front leaks and i keep getting air in rear cylinders
Category: Toyota
Expert:  mauricio replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

CAUTION: Do not let brake flui remain on a painted surface. Wash it off immediately.

NOTE: If any work is done on the brake system or if air is suspected in the brake lines, bleed the system of air.

Filling Brake Reservoir With Brake Fluid

1. Fill brake reservoir with brake fluid. Fluid: SAEJ17O3 or FMVSS No.116 DOT 3
  2. Bleed Master Cylinder. NOTE: If the Master Cylinder has been disassembled or if the reservoir becomes empty, bleed the air from the Master Cylinder.
(a)Disconnect the brake lines from the Master Cylinder.

Depressing Brake Pedal To Bleed Master Cylinder

(b)Slowly depress the Brake Pedal and hold it.

Blocking Off Outlet Plug

(c)Block off the outlet plugs with your fingers, and release the brake pedal.
(d)Repeat (b) and (c) 3 or 4 times.

1. Bleed brake line.
(a)Connect vinyl tube to Brake Caliper.
(b)Depress the brake pedal several times, then loosen the bleeder plug with the pedal held down.
(c)At the point when fluid stops comming out, tighten the bleeder plug, then release the Brake Pedal.
(d)Repeat (b) and (c) until all air in the fluid has been bled out.
(e)Repeat the above procedure to bleed the air out of the brake line for each wheel.
  1. Check fluid level in reservoir. Check fluid level and add fluid if necessary.

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.