Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic

My 2002 Toyota Sienna starts then dies. It does it when its

My 2002 Toyota Sienna starts then dies. It does it when it's been sitting all night, and after driving it for a while. The problem first started after driving to southern ca, with my boys using an inverter to power there ps2 an TV. If you can keep it running long enough to rev it up some the idle then raises up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks Ken

You have many options with today's internet so Thank you for choosing

Check all the fuses in the owners manual but that may just be coincidence with the ps2. They idle air control motor or IAC for short is known to stick on these engines and it will act as you are describing. I would have that looked at. Sometimes you can clean them and they don't have to be replaced. It is bolted to the bottom of the throttle body.

P.S. I take great pride in providing quality responses for the people I assist. If you believe that I have been professional and helpful in my assistance please don't forget to give a positive rating for this exchange and click the accept button. If your feel my answer does not address your issues, please just tell me and I will opt out, allowing another technician to address your situation. My Goal is to make this experience one you appreciate.