Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified

OBD2 code is p2118 TAC module Perforamce The car will not

OBD2 code is p2118 TAC module Perforamce: The car will not accelerate when you depress the gas pedal.   We had to replace the battery and after installing new battery care started fine but the gas pedal does not work.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 8 years ago.
I don't know what model or year it is but if the gas pedal doesn't seem to work it may be a blown fuse in the fuse box under the hood, check the fuse marked ETCS, also check for any other fuses that may be open, if you need more help I would need to know the year/model so I can diagnose this further.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

This is a 2003 Toyota Camry 2.4l the car will start and idle but will not accelerate.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Are you working on a reply answer or I have to except the anwer above?

No, you don't have to accept if I haven't given you an acceptable answer yet. This car uses an electronic throttle control system(ETCS)there is no physical connection between the accellerator pedal and the throttle body, is the ETCS fuse good, if not replace it. If you have a test light or voltmeter check both sides of the fuse and let me know if it has battery voltage and I'll go from there.