Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic

2005 Tacoma A/C light blinks and does not cool. Problem is ...

2005 Tacoma A/C light blinks and does not cool. Problem is intermittent. A/C works fine when the light stays on. What is the problem?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 8 years ago.

You have many options with today's internet so Thank you for choosing

The A/C light flashes because the compressor is not turning or the belt is slipping. The speed sensor in the compressor is not matching the speed of the engine. Check the connectors to the A/C compressor and for broken wires to the connector and the belt tension. There have been some issues with the magnetic clutch relay on some Toyota models up through 04. You could try swapping the mag clutch relay with the horn relay I believe it is the same configuration, as a test. If you need a wiring diagram let me know.

P.S. I take great pride in providing quality responses for the people I assist. If you believe that I have been professional and helpful in my assistance please don't forget to give a positive rating for this exchange and click the accept button. If you feel my answer does not address your issues, please just tell me and I will opt out, allowing another technician to address your situation. My Goal is to make this experience one you appreciate.