Toyotapro, ASE master tech
Experience:  ASE Certified, 10+ years Lexus and Toyota Certified

A 1996 landcruiser...with 211,000 much can i tow..hitch

I have a 1996 landcruiser...with 211,000 much can i tow with the proper hitch...?

Hello and thank you for using just answer. Mileage is not a factor for towing capability. This is a GREAT tow vehicle, I have used these to tow large boats and car trailers in the past. The maximum GVWR is 6470 LBS. curb weight on this vehicle is 4751 lbs.

The maximum towing capacity on your vehicle is 5000 lbs. A web site you can use to pull some technical specs. on your vehicle is, here let me pull your vehicle and provide a link:|27478|27597|0|0|&SelectedTabIndex=1&Mileage=94000

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
So a 2500 lb. horse trailer and 1 or two horses at 1200 lbs each is ok too, to pull??? the 5,000 and curb weight is hard for me to 5,000 what I am allowed to tow in total number of pounds...? (what should i check on my truck to make sure it is up to short distance towing for the above(under the hood wise) not the tire inflation and stuff like that...thanks for your help>>>!!!johanna

I would recommend you check all fluid levels and be sure the brakes are thick, brake pads wear quickly on this truck when towing. See this download from your owners manual:

DOWNLOAD -see pages 125-128. Sounds like you are within your limits here.