Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified
1279120

What is the markup on the Toyota Camry, what can I get ...

Customer Question

What is the markup on the Toyota Camry, what can I get off of the sticker price when purchasing?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 8 years ago.
There is no set markup, each deler has different pricing structures, each dealer pays about the some cost per unit from the factory, they have to be competitive and they also want to sell you a car,you can alsways negotiate for the best price, sometimes the dealer will add accessories before the sale and up the price from the base model so look for that, they will have to disclose such items on a seperate sticker on the window, if you like the car but don't like the aftermarket wheels/tires, for instance, you can ask to have those items removed, they may at times add leather interior which is installed from an outside vendor, this can drive up the cost by a couple of thousand dollars.