john
john, master tech
Experience:  a1-a8,l1,t2,b5 ase.triple chrysler master 42years experience HEV chrys specialist
9510839

How to change driving belt on my toyota truck (tacoma ...

How to change driving belt on my toyota truck (tacoma prerunner 2006 V6), and how to tighten if belt is loosed.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  john replied 8 years ago.

Hi my name is John.

1. REMOVE NO. 1 ENGINE UNDER COVER SUB ASSEMBLY (for Pre Runner and 4WD Type)
    1. Remove the 4 bolts, then remove the under cover No. 1.

graphic

1. REMOVE FAN AND GENERATOR V BELT
    1. While releasing the belt tension by turning the belt tensioner counterclockwise, remove the V-ribbed belt from the belt tensioner.

INSTALLATION

1. INSPECT V-RIBBED BELT TENSIONER ASSEMBLY
    1. Check that nothing gets caught in the tensioner by turning it clockwise and counterclockwise. If a malfunction exists, replace the tensioner

graphic

1. INSTALL FAN AND GENERATOR V BELT
    1. While turning the belt tensioner counterclockwise, align with its holes, and then insert a bar of 6 mm (0.24 inch) into the holes to fix the belt tensioner.
    2. Install the V-ribbed belt.
    3. While turning the belt tensioner counterclockwise, remove the bar

graphic

1. If it is hard to install the V-ribbed belt, perform this procedure.

(1)Put the V-ribbed belt on all parts except the P/S pump, as shown in the illustration.
(2)While releasing the belt tension by turning the belt tensioner counterclockwise, put the V-ribbed belt on the P/S pump.

1. INSTALL NO. 1 ENGINE UNDER COVER SUB ASSEMBLY (for Pre Runner and 4WD Type)
    1. Install the engine undercover with the 4 bolts. Torque: 29 Nm (296 kgf-cm, 21 ft. lbs

Let me know if you need more.

Let me know if you need more.

Please push the accept button when were done.

Thank you for choosing just answer.