Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic

engine immobilizer system indicator light remains on

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Camry hybrid sedan. The indicator light for the engine immobilizer system flashed on tonight when I turned off the power switch, as expected. But it keeps flashing, its been like that for a couple of hours, and my local Toyota dealership is closed till tomorrow morning. What do I do?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 8 years ago.

You have many options with today's internet so Thank you for choosing

The indicator light is designed to flash about every second or two when the key is out and the doors are locked, this is normal. It will not run the battery down.

P.S. I take great pride in providing quality responses for the people I assist. If you believe that I have been professional and helpful in my assistance please don't forget to give a positive rating for this exchange and click the accept button. If your feel my answer does not address your issues, please just tell me and I will opt out, allowing another technician to address your situation. My Goal is to make this experience one you appreciate.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks so much, Randy. I fell asleep about midnight (in California) so just found your answer this morning. I will keep your website bookmarked on my computer, so till next time, have a beautiful weekend!

I am glad to help.If you need anything in the future just ask for me I am always around somewhere.