Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

detail instructions how to fix a 1990 Toyota 4Runner sunroof

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 8 years ago.

You have many options with today's internet so Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.com.

Click on the links for the instructions on the sun roof.

DOWNLOAD

DOWNLOAD

RXXXXX XXXXX

P.S. I take great pride in providing quality responses for the people I assist. If you believe that I have been professional and helpful in my assistance please don't forget to give a positive rating for this exchange and click the accept button. If your feel my answer does not address your issues, please just tell me and I will opt out, allowing another technician to address your situation. My Goal is to make this experience one you appreciate.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I'm currently not home so I can't exactly see all the parts you are taling about. I will check tonight to see if these instructions help out. I'm still not sure what I should look for. The motor sounds fine, Like I stated before the sunroof is lower in the back. Do I need to put back on the tracks, Right now when you push the button to open the sun roof nothing happens. But if I take my hand I can open/close the roof, when when I close it manually (SHUT Position) the roof is not sealed tight.IT's lower in the back end. DO I need to fully take off ???? or do I need to adjust the shims.

You are going to find that the cables will have to be replaced the plastic pieces that push the roof in to position are broke. They are part of the cable system. In order to do this the entire assembly has to be removed from the roof and disassembled. If you are not interested in an operational sunroof you may be able to force the roof up to close then bock it up with some blocks of wood.

The only way to fix this junk sunroof system is to replace the cables, tracks and motor.

Sorry,

RXXXXX XXXXX

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Randy, Thanks for your help. Can you please recommend where I can order these parts on the internet. It's always hard finding a reliable site for old Toyota parts.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Randy Thanks for your help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your welcome.

RXXXXX XXXXX