Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic

how do i replace the power steering belt on a toyota camry

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 8 years ago.

You have many options with today's internet so Thank you for choosing

The alternator belt has to come off first that is the easy part. The power steering belt is done from under the vehicle. Click on the link for some pictures and more info. The pinch bolt or pivot bolt usually does not need to be loosened. If you loosen the adjuster bolt then pull down hard on the belt usually you can get the pump to pivot and get the belt loose enough to remove and install the new one.

P.S. I take great pride in providing quality responses for the people I assist. If you believe that I have been professional and helpful in my assistance please don't forget to give a positive rating for this exchange and click the accept button. If your feel my answer does not address your issues, please just tell me and I will opt out, allowing another technician to address your situation. My Goal is to make this experience one you appreciate.