Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic

1999 Toyota echo: the fuel filter located

Where is the fuel filter located on a 1999 Toyota echo as we need to change it. Thanks
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 8 years ago.

You have many options with today's internet so Thank you for choosing

The Echo must be a 2000 That was the first year. The filter is in the fuel tank. Click on the link below for an exploded view of the tank and location under the seat for the fuel tank bracket and pump assembly.

P.S. I take great pride in providing quality responses for the people I assist. If you believe that I have been professional and helpful in my assistance please don't forget to give a positive rating for this exchange and click the accept button. If your feel my answer does not address your issues, please just tell me and I will opt out, allowing another technician to address your situation. My Goal is to make this experience one you appreciate.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hi It is a really good picture but where is the fuel filter the one we want to change.

If you look at the picture it shows the fuel pump filter right in the picture second piece down on the right just above the fuel pump. It is incorporated into the fuel pump housing. The whole assembly has to be removed from the tank and disassemble and the filter portion can be replaced separate from the whole assembly.